Erosion Control

Calumet County has an Erosion Control Ordinance known as Article II of Chapter 10 of the Calumet County Code of Ordinances (PDF). The Erosion Control Ordinance regulates and requires a permit for the following construction activities:

  • 4,000 square feet or more of land-disturbing activities
  • 100 cubic yards or more of excavation and/or filling
  • 100 linear feet or more of land disturbance to roads, ditches, and other water conveyances

The Ordinance does not apply to the following activities which are covered by other regulations:

  • Land disturbing construction activity that includes the construction of one- and two-family residential dwellings that are not part of a larger common plan of development or sale and that result in less than one acre of disturbance,
  • Non-point discharges from agricultural activity areas
  • Non-point discharges from silviculture activities.

Farm Projects

Many farm projects will fall under the regulations and need a permit prior to beginning construction. These include barns, buildings, manure and feed storage facilities, and concrete barnyards.

Permit Applications

If you wish to apply for Erosion Control and Stormwater Management permits, please use the following documents: