1. How can I bail someone out of jail?

You may pay a bond at the Calumet County Clerk of Court's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. At any other time, the bond may be posted at the Calumet County Jail. All bonds for any other county must be posted at the Calumet County Jail. The jail is open 24 hours a day/7 days a week. There will be a $2.00 surcharge fee for all cash payments and a 10% surcharge fee for all credit card payments.

Cash and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment. If a credit card is used for bail/bond, the person whose name is imprinted on the card must appear in person to sign the charge slip.

2. Can I leave a message for an inmate?

We do not accept routine telephone messages for any of the inmates. If you have an emergency message (such as a death in the family or major illness), which can be verified, we will make every attempt to deliver the message.

3. How can I put money on an inmate's telephone account?

Calumet County contracts with Inmate Calling Solutions (ICS) to provide phone service to the inmates of the Calumet County Jail. Inmates can call collect or pay for the calls from their individual phone accounts. These accounts can be funded by the inmate or by the public by calling 1-888-506-8407, or through IC Solutions website. The Calumet County Jail has the capability and authority to block outgoing phone calls for security reasons. If you have an issue receiving phone calls from an inmate or a question about billing or setting up a prepaid account, contact ICS at 1-888-506-8407.

4. How can I put money into an inmate's account?

Money can be placed onto inmate accounts 24 hours a day/7 days a week by any of the following methods:

  • Kiosk in the lobby of the Calumet County Jail (cash or credit card)
  • Cashier's check, money order or personal check paid in person or via U.S. Mail - checks must be made payable to the inmate
  • Jail ATM website

Debit cards are not accepted.

All funds are deposited into the inmate's account. Please note, if an inmate has a debt with the Calumet County Jail, 50% -100% of the deposit may be applied to that debt.  

5. Can I send books to an inmate?

Yes. The books must be delivered from a vendor, bookstore, or by subscription only. The books must be soft covered. Materials deemed to be a threat to security, racially derogatory or inflammatory in nature will be considered contraband and will be seized and/or disposed of per policy. Magazines are not allowed.

6. How can an inmate obtain hygiene supplies if they are indigent?

Inmates will be provided with soap, a toothbrush/paste, a comb, and deodorant at the time of booking.