March 20th, 2020
For Immediate Release:
Chilton/Calumet- In response to the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, Calumet County Parks will be taking necessary steps to protect our visitors and do our part to assist with minimizing the spread. We are monitoring developments around this issue, and will continue to implement best practices and directives from Public Health officials, Calumet County Administration, State and Federal directives, and will continue to inform park users and visitors to future changes related to all of your Calumet County Parks.
Beginning Friday, March 20th, 2020 the following will take effect:
- The Parks Office at Calumet County Park will close to the public. Staff will be available to answer phone calls at (920) 439-1008 or reply to emails at email@example.com
- The Nature Center at Ledge View County Park will close to the public. Staff will be available to answer phones call at (920) 849-1471 or emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All scheduled programs, events and shelter rentals will be cancelled up to April 30th, 2020.
- All public park building excluding some restrooms will be closed.
- Parks and trails will remain open to the public.
- The campground at Calumet County Park will close till April 30th, 2020. Park staff will reach out to campers with current reservations for April to issue refunds. Any other questions regarding camping can be answered by calling the Parks Office.
- Boat Harbor users are encouraged to use our online reservation system to purchase daily and annual boat passes at www.resercalumet.org/parks/permits or call the parks office at (920) 439-1008.
Park visitors are encouraged to follow the guidelines from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the CDC, to protect themselves and help slow the spread of the virus.
Calumet County Parks