Required Information to Obtain a Passport Book or Card
- Certified copy of your birth certificate and a photocopy.
- One 2" x 2" photo (may be obtained from Walmart, Walgreens, Post Office).
- A check or money order (only), for each applicant, made payable to the U.S. DEPT. OF STATE. Note there are additional costs for expedited services.
- Passport Book:
- $130.00 for adult
- $100.00 for minor (under 16 years of age)
- Passport Card:
- $30.00 for adult
- $15.00 for minor (under 16 years of age)
- Passport Card is valid for land/sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, & the Caribbean ONLY.
- Passport Book:
- $35.00 Fee for the Execution of the Passport Application (Must be separate from Passport Agency Check and can be either cash or check made payable to Clerk of Courts).
- One form of picture identification (valid driver's license or valid identification card).
- Birthdate and birthplace of both parents and spouse.
- Name, address and telephone number of someone to notify in case of an emergency (someone not traveling with you).
- Social security number.
Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the completion of your passport application. The courthouse is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The Clerk of Circuit Court office is open continuously throughout that timeframe.
Please note: Do NOT sign the application until you are in front of an authorized passport agent. Thank you!
Requirement for Children
As of February 1, 2008, Congress passed a law (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 22, Section 51.28). It requires the signatures of BOTH parents on U.S. Passport applications for children under age 16.