Calumet County Parks COVID-19 Update:
Calumet County Parks will continue to take the necessary steps to protect our visitors and do our part to assist with minimizing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are monitoring developments around this issue, and will continue to implement best practices and directives from Public Health officials, Calumet County Administration, State and Federal directives, and will continue to inform park users and visitors to future changes related to all of the Calumet County Parks.
1. The Parks Office at Calumet County Park will remain closed to the public. Staff will be available to answer phone calls at (920) 439-1008 or reply to emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Nature Center at Ledge View County Park will remain closed to the public. Staff will be available to answer phones call at (920) 849-1471 or emails at email@example.com
3. All scheduled programs and events will be cancelled up to May 26th, 2020 or when the Stay-At-Home expires.
4. All building rentals will be cancelled up to May 26th, 2020. Park staff will reach out to issue refunds.
5. All public park buildings excluding some restrooms will remain closed.
6. Parks and trails will remain open to the public.
7. All playgrounds at Calumet County Park and Ledge View County Park are closed.
8. Boat Harbor users are encouraged to use our online reservation system to purchase daily and annual boat passes at www.reservecalumet.org/parks/permits or call the parks office at (920) 439-1008.
9. The campground at Calumet County Park will open May 1st, 2020 with the following restrictions:
a. The campground store will be closed. Campers can check-in by phone.
b. Only one family household may occupy a site, with a limit for any campsite to fewer than 10 people.
c. All private gatherings of any number of people are prohibited.
d. Visitors will not be allowed at campsites.
e. The bathhouse and lodge will remain closed; campers are encouraged to use their camping unit’s restroom if so equipped.
f. If a camper does not feel that they are able to remain on their own campsite and refrain from gathering with other campers not from their immediate household they are encourage to stay home. A full refund of camping fees will be issued.
We are currently only taking new camping reservations for May on a case by case basis due to high reservation numbers and to ensure everyone’s safety. You must call the park office during this time to make a camping reservation in May.
Park visitors are encouraged to follow the guidelines from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the CDC, to protect themselves and help slow the spread of the virus.
Failure to follow these guidelines could result in the closure of the campground and park till the end of the Stay-At-Home order.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Calumet County Parks Office at 920-439-1008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.