Business Systems and Communications
As part of the Department of Administration, this division is responsible for the business systems, communications, project management, publishing, and records management needs of the county.
- Seeks out the best ways to improve processes and increase effectiveness through technology, strategy, and analytic solutions.
- Collaborates with department heads, other business stakeholders, and subject matter experts to understand, collect, and analyze business needs and requirements.
- Actively work to bridge the gap among departments for improved technical efficiency, productivity, and system investments.
- Leads the development and communication of strategic programs, projects, and general information to build and sustain a strong sense of shared purpose, clarity, engagement, and enthusiasm across Calumet County.
- Serves as the Public Information Office for the County.
- Oversees and manages county communications, public and media relations, website design and content, social media platforms, branding, and graphic design efforts.
- Teams with other departments on large-scale projects and new initiatives.
Publishing and Records Management
- Performs printing, copying, bindery, and finishing services for all departments.
- Provides technical support for desktop publishing and county website.
- Oversees records management services.
- Coordinates the purchasing of county-wide office equipment and furniture, paper-related supplies, and special printing requests.
- Some of these services are provided to municipalities, tax‐funded, and governmental affiliated associations.