Click to Home
Go To Search
How Do I?
1.  How can I bond someone out of jail?

You may pay a bond at the Calumet County Clerk of Court Office between the hours of 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Monday - Friday. If it is after hours or it is a bond for another county you may pay at the Calumet County Jail.  The jail is open 24 hours 7 days a week. There is a $2 surcharge fee for all cash payments and a 10% surcharge fee for all credit card payments. 

Acceptable forms of payment are cash, and credit cards. If a credit card is used for bail/bond, the person whose name is imprinted on the card must appear in person to sign the charge slip.

2. Can I leave a message for a inmate?

We do not accept routine telephone messages for any of the prisoners. If you have an emergency message (death in the family, major illness) which can be verified, we will make every attempt to pass the message on.

3. How can I put money on a inmates telephone account?

All inmates have access to a telephone. Inmates can only make collect calls. If there is a block on the number, it will not accept collect calls. A private contractor, Inmate Calling Solutions, provides the inmate telephone system. Questions regarding blocks, billing, or setting up a prepaid account should be directed to 1-888-506-8407.

4. How can I put money into a inmates account?

Cash and credit cards will only be accepted for deposit into an inmates account via the Kiosk in the Sheriff's Office lobby.  Cashiers check and money orders may be sent through the mail.  All funds are deposited into the inmate’s account for audit purposes. Funds may be mailed in or cash can be deposited in the lobby kiosk. All money orders or cashier’s checks should be made out in the inmate's name and sent through the mail. 50% to 100% of monies received will be applied to the inmate’s debt, depending on what the debt is for.  Debit Cards are not accepted.

5. Can I send a inmate books?

Yes, but the books must be delivered from a vendor or book store or by subscription.  The books must be soft covered.  Materials deemed to be a threat to security, racially derogatory or inflammatory in nature will be considered contraband and will be seized and/or disposed of by policy.  Magazines are not allowed.

6. How can the inmates get hygiene if they are indigent?

Inmates will be provided with soap, toothbrush/paste, comb and deodorant at time of booking.

Calumet County Government
206 Court Street
Chilton, WI 53014

Main Offices
(920) 849-2361
(833) 620-2730
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F