Click to Home
Go To Search
How Do I?
Erosion Control
Calumet County has an Erosion Control Ordinance known as Article II of Chapter 10 of the Calumet County Code of Ordinances. The Erosion Control Ordinance regulates and requires a permit for the following construction activities: 
  • 4,000 square feet or more of land disturbing activities
  • 100 cubic yards or more of excavation and/or filling
  • 100 linear feet or more of land disturbance to roads, ditches, and other water conveyances

The Ordinance does not apply to the following activities which are covered by other regulations:
  • Land disturbing construction activity that includes the construction of one- and two-family residential dwellings that are not part of a larger common plan of development or sale and that result in less than one-acre of disturbance,
  • Non-point discharges from agricultural activity areas
  • Non-point discharges from silviculture activities.

Farm Projects
Many farm projects will fall under the regulations and need a permit prior to beginning construction. These include barns, buildings, manure and feed storage facilities, and concrete barnyards over the minimum size listed above.

Permit Applications
If you wish to apply for Erosion Control and Stormwater Management permits, please use the following documents:

Brent Jalonen
Erosion Control and Stormwater Specialist

206 Court St.
Chilton, WI 53014

Ph: 920-849-1493, ext. 2401
Fx: 920-849-1481

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Calumet County Government
206 Court Street
Chilton, WI 53014

Main Offices
(920) 849-2361
(833) 620-2730
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F